Friday, February 27, 2009

day 15,16

Day 15, again not much going on....couldn't change my ticket to fly out -so hafta wait til Thursday, tho scheduled for an afternoon flight.
Day 16 decided to head to the airport and try standby for the morning flight to Miami. At first no success- the agent said that the award ticket I have doesn't allow for any changes. But by being Pleasant Persistent and Patient ( my new 3 P recipe for success) I was put on stand by, AND got on the earlier flight, AND again in Miami an earlier flight so instead of waiting til 3p for my original flight out of Guatemala City, and not arriving at my destination til midnite..I arrived at 6pm. What a treat.
I hope that I've been able to give you a sense of what I experienced on this journey. I have it in mind to do another of these volunteer trips - perhaps next year...Would like to try Central America again, and will look at Costa Rica.
But before I sign off......I want to say again what a wonderful experience it was, and if any one of you who read this have ever thought of doing something like it, I'd encourage you to do so. The organization I went with again, www.crossculturalsolutions.org is a good place to start. There are other organizations doing similar things, but I can't speak highly enough of this one.
Adios for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment